Dr Tristan de Chalain QPS surgeon MSC. MB CHB. FCSSA. FRCSC, F.R.A.C.S.
Dr. Tristan Blandin de Chalain is a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon who has been in private practice since 1997 and consults from our Rockhampton Practice once a month. Born in Canada, Tristan completed his medical and surgical degrees in South Africa. He was then accepted for advanced postgraduate fellowships at two renowned North American institutes: Emory University’s affiliated hospitals in Atlanta, and the world-renowned Hospital for Sick Children in downtown Toronto. This training included the latest techniques for body contouring and facial rejuvenation, as well as microsurgical reconstruction, pediatric and craniofacial surgery, and surgery of congenital malformations such as vascular anomalies and cleft lip and palate. At Emory, he also helped to develop and teach endoscopic techniques for facial rejuvenation. Tristan has received numerous respected awards and scholarships and has more than 40 peer-reviewed journal articles and book chapters to his credit. Despite the breadth and depth of his training and experience, a key passion remains facial restoration following skin cancer, injury or aging. Travelling annually to the Philippines, he treats needy children with cleft lip and palate conditions pro bono for Operation Restore Hope NZ. In his spare time, he enjoys tinkering in his shed, writing, and reading. He is happily married with two teenage children.
Degrees & Training
- Emory University – Resident in Plastic Surgery 1993-1995
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada – Specialist Certificate in Plastic Surgery Sept 1995
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- South African College of Surgeons (FCSSA)
- Royal Canadian College of Surgeons (FRCSC)- Nov 1995
- University of Toronto – Paediatris & Adult Craniomaxillofacial Surgery July 1996 – June 1997
- New Zealand Foundation for Cosmetic Plastic Surgery (Part President)
- International Society of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
- International Society for Aesthetic Surgery
- Australian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- New Zealand Association of Plastic Surgeons